Car Hire Tips in Singapore
Whether you are on a vacation trip or business tour, car hire always gives you complete comfort and leisure as far as hassles involved with public transport are concerned. In a new city, if you have the basic necessities of a proper accommodation and a nice rented car, then half of your botherations are already gone. In a fast moving city like Singapore there are numerous advantages related to car hire. Hire a car in Singapore and you are at your own freedom with respect to your movements and outings through out the day.
Car hire in Singapore, although nicely facilitated on internet can be a costly affair if you don't know the etiquettes for the same. Here are some relevant tips to help you in this regard:
- Car hire Singapore requires possessing of a valid driving license on your part. If you are a tourist, possessing an international driving license, then that will work fine, no need to convert your license. Almost all the car hire companies at Singapore would demand a valid driving license before handing over a car of their fleet.
- Doing a job at Singapore – International driving license is legitimate only for one year and after that you have to convert your license with the traffic authorities at Singapore, so if you are in a job and using a car hire Singapore for long duration then don't forget to convert your license before twelve months are over.
- Always search for the best deal before finalizing the one for you. Online you can find numerous sites available providing car hire in Singapore. It is advised to browse through at least five-six sites, compare the prices and services before paying for any deal. The same procedure applies when you search car hire Singapore in real market. Inquire at least two-three car hire offices to judge the pulse of the market before going for a deal.
- Prior booking is always better and cost effective than last minute booking. If you want to hire a car in Singapore then early booking would give you additional benefits of selecting the models of your choice along with many discount deal offers.
- Be ready with your valid credentials like you ID, passport and driving license when you go for car hire Singapore. Non possession of the required documents may lead to your disqualification with respect to this service.
- Keep in mind to check and notify the existing dents and scratches on the car before taking it away. This will prevent you from getting into un-necessary arguments while handing over the car.
- Always return the hired car on or before the stipulated time. This is important as even an hour's delay may get you additionally charged or charged for the whole day, so take extra care in this regard when you go for car hire Singapore.
- Last but not the least; don't forget to get back your deposit after returning the hired car. Most car hire companies in Singapore take $50 to $200 as a refundable deposit amount for car rental.
With the above mentioned tips you can really save on your budget with respect to car hire Singapore. So when you follow all the above mentioned tips you are left with only one thing, drive safely and enjoy your trip at Singapore.